Tuesday, 4 October 2016

30 Days of Quilt Design Challenge - Continued

Original Design by Puppilalla, Design Contest, New Quilt Design, New Quilt Blocks, Design Challange























The design challenge started in the first week of August and when I checked earlier today I counted 1.428 designs that had been entered on Instagram. So many creative ideas. It is a lot of fun to follow along with what other quilters come up with. 

Oh - also, two of my designs made the favorites list of the challenge hostess Rachel Hauser on two different occasions. Given the great number of individual entries, I was rather chuffed about that. =)

OK, here some further pages from my sketchbook:

No idea how I would go about piecing entry 15 for real. It would involve hexies for sure but beyond that my brain is momentarily unable to cope.


Puppilalla, Original Quilt Design, Quilt Block Challenge, Quilt Design Challenge, New Quilt Block,



The project title of this one is 'Laurel and Sage'. It reminded me somehow of a laurel wreath. 


Puppilalla, Original Quilt Design, Quilt Block Challenge, Quilt Design Challenge, New Quilt Block,



I love the drama of the day 10 entry and am half thinking about how to account for the curvature when piecing these half rectangle triangles.


Puppilalla, Original Quilt Design, Quilt Block Challenge, Quilt Design Challenge, New Quilt Block,




This is one of the designs that made Rachel's favorites list (the other one was my very first entry 'Viaduct') Someone on Instagram commented it reminded her of paper snowflakes. Therefore, the provisional title of the block, if I ever got around to realizing it, is 'Paper Lace'.

Puppilalla, Original Quilt Design, Quilt Block Challenge, Quilt Design Challenge, New Quilt Block,




I know this one looks wonky but you will get the idea. It would involve Y-seams and I picture the quilt in a dramatic Red, Yellow, Black and White. 

Puppilalla, Original Quilt Design, Quilt Block Challenge, Quilt Design Challenge, New Quilt Block,



The quilt design challenge still runs until 31st of October, so if you wanted to, you could just still about join in. Just read Rachel's blog post for the full details. The challenge is kindly sponsored by Gotham Quilts and the main prize for those who finish the challenge is a fat quarter bundle of Tula Pink's latest fabric line 'Slow & Steady'. Pretty neat huh? Yes you got to win it first but hey ... details.









And for another form of design challenge - one of my 'Dreaming at Dusk' mosaic entries made the finalist list. That does not happen too often. So yeah! Voting for the winners (as in - two of them) is open until midnight (eastern U.S. time) on Wednesday the 5th.




I link up with 'Let's Bee Social



=)

Sew Fresh Quilts



8 comments:

  1. Nice designs, my favourite is the Half Rectangle Triangles one.
    Cheers,
    Emese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice designs! I would love to see any one of them in a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the designs, Would be nice to see them all come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your designs! I think most of them would look great as two-color quilts--red and white, blue and white, green and yellow, etc. I really want to make the Paper Lace one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such beautiful designs. I can picture all of the dramatic color choices that I would choose for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome designs micki@2dogsstudio.us

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your designs are awesome, such great geometries! Your fabric bundle for the challenge is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome! I think Paper Lace is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete